So now that the pre-Christmas holiday of Thanksgiving is over, I’m ready for Christmas!
Probably noticed that I took the last few days off for Thanksgiving. My brother and his family were here and so were my parents. Had a great time with them all and really enjoyed eating…way too much and a little too often. Oh well, finished up the leftovers last night so no more turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes for a while.
Do want to mention a few things and people that I’m thankful for (even though it’s after Thanksgiving, it’s never too late to say thanks!)
- Jesus – he loves me and encourages me when I feel like a failure (and have)
- My wife – I definitely married up….again, thank you Jesus
- My kids – how bored would I be if I didn’t have 5 great kids?
- My family – when I look around at all the dysfunction, I realize how blessed I was to grow up with two parents, married to each other, and a brother to fight with over stupid things like who has to haul wood or mow the lawn this week
- Discovery Church – I never knew planting a church could be this good
- Claude and Sheila – don’t know if Lora and I would have survived the first year without them
- Davey and Randy – I love the worship atmosphere they create each week
- Todd Wallace and his family – this dude works until 4AM and still comes to church AND stays after with his family EVERY WEEK to help tear down.
- KABC – this is the church I came from and they supported me leaving to start Discovery
- bloglines – I’m constantly challenged by reading blogs about how other pastors are reaching their communities
- Christmas – I look forward to this time more than any other
- A million other little and big things (like more work to do)