Aside from learning that I’m not as young as I used to be, flag football is teaching me some other things too.
- The older I get, the more I just enjoy playing. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t “enjoy” losing, but I’d still rather play and lose than sit around on my rear end.
- I’ve got “Daddy ears” now and can always hear my kids (even in the middle of man coverage)
- No matter how old you are, you still have to play through the pain sometimes
- The guys on the team get it. Before AND after, two different guys initiated a short prayer. I’ve been on church teams before and too often it’s all about the game.
- Sportsmanship is next to godliness – yep, it’s that rare now-a-days
- Flag football is an open door for inviting other people to interact with believers and hopefully investigate Christianity
- My kids think I’m cool
- I think cheerleaders would be awesome (I wonder if Lora knows where her cheerleading outfit is)
- Even though we lost, at least we scored an offense touchdown – it’s more than Notre Dame can say (let’s hope that changes this weekend though)